Thursday, August 6, 2026

Bringing back blogs

Hi everyone, 

I am sooooo excited to start this blog! I love everything about this style of blogs that first surfaced in the late 90s and early 2000s. There was something just so authentic and unique about them. Let's not talk about how long it actually took to connect to the Internet...but thinking back, the lack of speed is what made it awesome too -- you had to wait for it! 

Sometimes I wish I could go back to those days and really live it up and watch VHS tapes, listen to my collection of cassette tapes and CDs, or watch "Who's The Boss" on TV every Tuesday night. I'd give anything to go to the mall to visit the Sanrio store called Small Wonder and get a nice new pencil box or mystery bag of goodies. 

When you're in the moment and just living life, it's impossible to have the hindsight to savor all of the amazingness. It's only when you get middle-aged like me that you realize just how perfect things used to be. 😭 

Since I don't have a time machine, this is the closest I can get to reliving those days. Yay! I'm going to keep working on this blog and hopefully add a lot of nostalgic goodness one step at a time.  

 xo, Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment